Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Who did it?

Once upon a time, there were four people; their names were Everybody, Somebody, Nobody and Anybody.  

Whenever there was an important job to be done, Everybody was sure that Somebody would do "it".  Anybody could have done "it", but Nobody did "it".

When Nobody did "it", Everybody got angry because "it" was Everybody's job.

Everybody thought that Somebody would do "it", but Nobody realized that Nobody would do "it".  So consequently, Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done in the first place.

Michael Jordan once said, "I never looked at the consequences of missing a big shot. Why? Because when you think about the consequences you always think of a negative result.  Some people get frozen by that fear of failure. They get it from peers or from just thinking about the possibility of a negative result. They might be afraid of looking bad or being embarrassed.  I realized that if I was going to achieve anything in life I had to be aggressive. I had to get out there and go for it. I don't believe you can achieve anything by being passive.  I'm not thinking about anything except what I'm trying to accomplish. Any fear is an illusion.  You think something is standing in your way, but nothing is really there.  What is there is an opportunity to do your best and gain some success.  If it turns out my best isn't good enough, then at least I'll never be able to look back and say I was too afraid to try.  Failure always made me try harder the next time."

Maybe that's where the "Just do it" slogan came from.....?  I've learned that there are do-ers and don't-ers, everyone falls into either category, you either do something or you don't.  Some make excuses why they can't or won't, but in reality if you don't do "it" "it's" just not that important to you, anything is possible, "it" just takes time; don't believe me... spend 10,000 hours practicing or doing "it" or doing things to get you better and I bet you will have success. 

See for yourself, Google "10,000 hour rule" and you will see.....

How important is "it" to you?

Regards,
Greg



Greg DiRenzo, M.S.
"Small Hinges Swing Big Doors"

No comments:

Post a Comment